Activity Analysis: Reaching for a a granola bar in my pantry
Getting ready for the day: Reaching for a granola bar in my pantry Each morning, I go in my pantry and reach for breakfast to take to school. I will be talking about the action of my shoulder to elevate my arm up to the shelf where my granola bars are. I start with my arm in neutral position at 0 degrees flexion by my side, but as I begin to reach up to the top shelf in my pantry, my shoulder begins to flex as my arm reaches up. My arm starts by my side, and then begins to elevate up over my head to reach up to my food. Flexion is occurring in my shoulder joint. Flexion as well as extension occurs in the sagittal plane along the frontal axis. The osteokinematics of my shoulder flexion is occurring in an open kinematic chain, because my trunk is stable as my arm moves up. The arthrokinematics are taking place in the shoulder joint, as the convex surface of the humerus rolls anteriorly and glides posteriorly on the concave glenoid fossa. The primary mov...

.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment